People play a critical role in the success of any business or organization. It’s the people that make change, drive systems, engage clients, customers, or students, and make the business work. When people aren’t motivated, engaged, professional, and working well together things don’t thrive. Instead, they stagnate and limp along and it is business as usual. This is fine for a while, but eventually business declines and customers go elsewhere. Often the decline is slow and easy to explain for other reasons (e.g. the market, the environment, a new competitor), but people are what drive innovation and excellence. When you develop your people you develop your business.
Your job as a leader is to look ahead to see the big picture and imagine possibility. This means you also see what’s possible and you know your team and organization isn’t on track to get there. You know they have it in them, but you can’t quite figure out how to help them get to that higher level of work. They are smart and well-meaning, but something is missing. They might be stagnant, laissez-faire about their work, or overwhelmed with the details. You want to help them thrive because you know that will drive positive change.
I work with a small number of leaders and executives interesting in developing themselves, their team, and their organization.
You may be a good fit for coaching together if you meet the following criteria:
- You want to grow your business/organization and are looking for guidance and accountability on the people side of work.
- You are motivated to do the work needed to move to the next level.
- You interested in examining possible assumptions or beliefs that might be getting in the way.
- You are ready to apply new ways of thinking to your work and move past “business as usual.”
This is not for:
- individuals who just want to chat and dream about growing, but don’t want to do the work
- those who don’t want to make any changes personally or professionally
- owners of large businesses seeking business advice
The Coaching Program
During the coaching program, we will work together to help you identify your goals for your team. We will look at your beliefs, address resistance that may emerge, and dig deep into the topics most relevant to you. Coaching is fully customized to your needs and goals.
The program uses 90 day sprints to help you focus on current, short-term goals while also paying attention to longer-term goals.
This program will help you:
- Lead your team to be more professional and drive greater results
- Lead your team to be more effective and engaged.
- Gain a deeper understanding of creativity, teams, and leadership.
- Develop your skills as a team leader and coach
- Balance delegating and interjecting when supervising
- Understand how to develop stronger team dynamics.
- Focus on reaching your goals and maximizing your staff’s skills.
- Identify old beliefs that might be getting in the way.
- Examine what is blocking you from being more creative, focused, or fulfilled in your work.
The focus will be on the projects and goals you have coming up in the next several months, while also teaching you the skills and tools needed to maintain a strong, successful team over time.
How it Works
I use a hybrid model of coaching, mentoring, and one-on-one training to help you improve your skills and capabilities. Each session will focus on topics and areas where you need the most help.
Each session will include:
- Conversation about what’s working, what’s not, and what you want to focus on
- Exploration of models, processes, techniques, and tools to use in your work
- Development of an action plan to work on before the next session
What You Get
I don’t charge based on hours because I want you to be comfortable reaching out to me at any time. This program is not based on number of sessions, but on working together for 90 days.
This is how it works. We meet for a 45-60 minute coaching call via Zoom. You will always have work to do before the next session. Once you finish that work, we meet again. This may be once a week, twice a week, or every other week depending on your progress and need.
The Coaching Package includes:
- 90 min introductory coaching session via Zoom (valued at $750)
- Unlimited (within reason) additional sessions over 90 days (valued at $5000 or more).
- FourSight Thinking Profile ($65)
- Three business/leadership books mailed to you, based on your needs ($75)
- Deck of Climer Cards ($25)
- Up to two custom recorded instructional videos, based on your needs ($200)
- Coaching Worksheets and Materials ($100)
- Private Google Drive folder where we will share resources, notes, and action steps ($50)
- Follow-up emails with action items after each session and a reminder email before the next scheduled session to help you stay on track ($150)
- Short “I’m stuck” phone calls, texts, or emails as needed ($1000)
Total value: $7415
The 90-day coaching program requires a deliberate investment of time, energy and finances. Are you ready to go?
About Amy Climer, Ph.D.
Dr. Amy Climer teaches teams to be creative and innovative. She is a speaker, trainer, and coach in creativity, innovation, team development, and leadership. Using research-based practices, she teaches tools and techniques teams can use to innovate on demand.
Amy holds a Ph.D. in Leadership and Change and a Master’s degree in Outdoor Education. She is trained or certified in Creative Problem Solving, Human-centered Design, Immunity to Change, and the FourSight Thinking System. She developed the Deliberate Creative Team Scale to help teams understand how to increase their creativity. Amy is the host of The Deliberate Creative, a podcast and blog designed to teach others how to facilitate innovation in teams. She is the designer of Climer Cards, a creativity and teambuilding tool used by thousands to deepen team conversations and generate ideas. In 2016, she won the Karl Rhonke Creativity Award from the Association for Experiential Education. Her clients appreciate her depth of knowledge, approachable nature, and positive energy.
Ready to begin?
Pick Your Brain Coaching Sessions
If you aren’t quite ready for an in-depth coaching program, but you still want some guidance, check out the Pick Your Brain coaching option. This is a 2-hour session with Amy (via Zoom or in-person) for $1,000.