Learn how your team’s stage of development impacts their creative performance. We explore the five stages of group development, how creativity is impacted by each stage, and how to adjust your leadership style based on the team’s stage.
What You’ll Learn
- The five stages of team development
- How your team’s stage will impact their creative performance
- How to adjust your leadership style based on your team’s stage of development and help them achieve higher performance
Resources and Links:
- Free Stages of Team Development Assessment Tool
- Don Clark’s Performance Juxtaposition website (author of the stages of group development assessment)
- The research study explaining the five stages of group development – Tuckman, B., & Jensen, M. A. (1977). Stages of small-group development revisited. Group & Organization Studies, 2(4), 419-427.
- North Carolina Outward Bound School
Feel like reading instead of listening? Download the PDF Transcript. Enjoy! (will be uploaded in a couple of days)
The Weekly Challenge
Your challenge for the week is have your team take the assessment survey and then discuss the results. Tell us about your team in the comments: What stage are they in? How does their stage impact their creative performance? Feel free to also use the comments section to ask Amy questions.