Creativity is about the survival of ideas, pushing and pulling them out of us, giving them shape, and nurturing them into the world. It rarely happens alone. More often teams and groups are critical to creative ideas reaching adulthood. Yet, teams are complex. They can be the greatest champions for an idea or instantly kill it. In this episode, Amy Climer talks about the 3 elements of collaborative creativity that teams need to help ideas survive and thrive.
What You’ll Learn
- The three elements of collaboratively creative teams.
- What happens when ideas are shot down too early
- Episodes about Creative Problem Solving: 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008
- Episode 52 with Darcy Luoma: How Multi-tasking Decreases Productivity
- Book: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Think about a team you are a member of. How do they rank in the three elements of collaborative creativity? Where are the weaknesses and strengths? What does the team need to learn in order to be more creative together?