Implementing creative ideas can be a big challenge for teams. In this episode Project Manager Professional Brian Davidson explains how to use project management tools with teams to make any project a success. He provides simple, clear processes useful for non-project managers to lead their teams through to execution. He examines typical challenges team face with collaborative, creative projects and what to do about them.
What You’ll Learn
- The step-by-step process of how to create a project management map, a work
- A simple way to get your team to collectively create a project plan and timeline
- Common pitfalls teams make when trying to implement innovative projects and what to do about it
About Brian Davidson
- Brian’s website: http://www.mypmdevelopment.com with sample project templates and tools
- http://www.smartsheet.com for an online, collaborative project plan template.
- One Page Project Manager (http://www.oppmi.com) for a 12-step, one-page, project plan template and related books.
- HBR Article: Innovator’s DNA by Dyer, Gregerson, and Christensen
The Weekly Challenge
Feel like reading instead of listening? The transcript will be available in a few days. Enjoy!
Note: The links on this page may be affiliate links. That means I get a small commission of your sale, at no cost to you. However, I only share links to products that I or my guests believe in. Enjoy them!