Purna yoga focuses on the philosophy that life is yoga. In this episode, Letitia Walker shares what she has learned from her decades of practicing yoga and her life as a philosophy professor. She talks about the connection between the spark (creativity), the mind, and the body. If you are blocked it may be because one of these is out of balance. She explains how to tell what’s off and how to rebalance yourself so you can be more creative.
What You’ll Learn
- Three elements within you that need to work together to get those creative moments
- Three simple questions you can ask yourself everyday to help you be more creative
- What to do when one of more elements is out of balance
About Letitia Walker
Letitia Walker is a certified Purna Yoga Instructor at the 500 Hour level, currently pursuing her 2,000 Hour certification at Purna Yoga College. She has been practicing since 1998, teaching since 2004, and has studied with noted teachers: Aadil Palkhivala, Savitri, Michael Stone, Elise Browning Miller, and Matthew Sanford.
Purna means complete. As a Purna Yoga instructor, Letitia’s classes and workshops address the entire you – body, mind, emotions and spirit – by drawing on four pillars of knowledge:
- Asana & Pranayama rooted in the alignment-oriented practice of BKS Iyengar as refined by Purna Yoga co-founder, Aadil Palkhivala
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Choices that meld the best of Ayurveda, Chinese, and Western medicine
- dynamic and transformational Heartfull Meditation techniques created by co-founder Savitri
- Applied Philosophy, which takes the breadth & wisdom of the ancient yogic texts and applies them practically to modern living
Off the mat, Letitia, along with her husband, is the author of Sock Monkey Dreams: Daily Life at the Red Heel Monkey Shelter (Viking Studio, 2006) and also designs her own line of graphic tees (Look Good Tees). She loves cooking, gardening, and spending time with friends and family, most notably her husband, Whitney, writer and master DJ extraordinaire, and Didi and Dolly, the cutest rescue shih tzus on the planet.
- Letitia Walker’s website: liveyoganow.com
Letitia’s CreativeMornings talk with the carpal tunnel series and Mental Centering technique
- Purna Yoga College