Teams need to attend to three elements in order to be successful in their work: task, relationship, and process. Balancing and attending to these three can lead to high functioning, creative, successful teams. This episode explains what each of these are and how to attend to all three.
What You’ll Learn
- The difference between task, relationship, and process for teams
- Why teams need to attend to task, relationship, and process, but not at exactly the same time.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Episode 23 – How Conflict Impact Creativity
- Episode 8 – FourSight, an Interview with Blair Miller
- Episode 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 – The Creative Problem Solving Process
- Climer Consulting Facebook Page
- Amy’s Twitter Feed
The Weekly Challenge
Take a look at the team(s) you are in. Where can they make the most improvement – in task, relationship, or in process? Talk with your team about the importance of each of these and dialogue about how you can improve to make the team even stronger.