This episode topic was requested by several listeners. In a recent survey, several asked how to build trust in teams. This episode introduces three ways to start building trust within you team. But first, I explain why trust matters and how it impacts creativity.
What You’ll Learn
- Two types of trust that are important to creativity
- The relationship between trust and conflict
- Three strategies you can implement to increase trust within your team.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Take the Team Survey – support my dissertation research!
- Episode 17: Seven Norms of Collaboration
- Book: The Progress Principle by Amabile & Kramer
- Dougherty, D., & Takacs, C. H. (2004). Team play: Heedful interrelating as the boundary for innovation. Long Range Planning: International Journal of Strategic Management, 37(6), 569-590.
- Fairchild, J., & Hunter, S. T. (2013). ‘We’ve got creative differences’: The effects of task conflict and participative safety on team creative performance. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 48(1), 64-87.
- Peltokorpi, V., & Hasu, M. (2014). How participative safety matters more in team innovation as team size increases. Journal of Business and Psychology, 29(1), 37-45.
The Weekly Challenge
This week, try to do one of the suggestions shared in the podcast: Either implement regular meetings or set up a structured process to help team members get to know each other. How did it go? What were the results? Share in the comment section below or send me an email.