Polarities are opposites possibilities that exist in tension with each other. Dr. Liz Monroe-Cook explains polarity thinking and the importance of understanding polarities in order to engage in deliberate creative thinking.
What You’ll Learn
- What polarities are and their importance in our lives.
- Hear several examples of polarities that you’ll recognize in your own life.
- How one organization used polarity thinking and polarity mapping to develop a win-win solution to what would have been a win-lose or even lose-lose situation.
- How to create a polarity map to begin to examine polarities in your own life.
Resources and Links:
- Episode 003 – an overview of Creative Problem Solving and a good review/exploration of divergent and convergent thinking
- How to Write a Review in iTunes
The Weekly Challenge
The weekly challenge is to create your own polarity map, as Liz explains in the episode [17:03]. After completing the map, share any insights or learning about yourself in the Comments. You can also use the Comments section to ask Liz Monroe-Cook questions about polarity thinking.